Bookings for the Centre
The facilities of the Centre are available for public or private functions, business meetings, seminars etc. To meet different needs, limited areas of the building may be hired separately, or the whole building may be reserved for your sole use. See the chart below for details of hire rates, and view the facilities page to see options.
Note that different rates apply for bookings made by residents of the Diseworth and Long Whatton Parish for social events, and for all other business use.
|Minimum charge for parish residents hourly use||Maximum charge for parish resident whole day use||
in £ per session i.e. AM or PM or whole evening
(see 4 below)
|Exclusive use of the whole building||£15||£30||£150||£80|
|Ground floor Main Hall and Coffee Bar meeting area||£12||£24||£120||£60|
|Village Office and Coffee Bar meeting area||£12||£24||£120||£60|
|Coffee Bar meeting area||£10||£20||£100||£50|
1. All rates are inclusive of heating and
lighting, and non exclusive use of the Kitchen.
2. Membership 10% discount for Individuals and groups.
3. If the DHC is booked for an all day function on a Saturday, the hall can be reserved for setting up 6pm to 8pm on
the Friday evening for an additional fee of £25.
4. Session times are (a) 8:00am – 13:00hrs, (b) 13:00 – 18:00hrs, or (c) 18:00 – 23:00hrs.
5. Special rates are available for contract bookings from businesses and groups meeting regularly at the DHC.
6. Commercial business hire times are by negotiation with the DHC manager.
7. The building is not Licensed but you are not prevented from providing your own supply of free alcoholic drinks at
private functions in accordance with the DHC ‘Conditions of Hire’ and the legal requirements.
8. A "bond" of £100 is likely to be required in advance for business bookings; repayable if there is no damage or no
extra cleaning is required after the event.
9. With the exception of events which are of a “strictly domestic or family nature” if music is to be provided (whether
live or recorded), a fee of £5 is payable as a contribution towards the DHC Performing Right License.
10. The prices given above are correct at the time of publication and supersede previous offers. E&OE.
11. For potential use for other events please contact the DHC manager.
To enquire about bookings, email the Centre: email@example.com